Providing various types of data in a unified way is one of the core concepts of web communication. In recent years, JSON text files have become extremely popular due to their simplicity and universality. Vertabelo Academy’s recent course—How to Read and Write JSON Files in Python—explains how to manipulate JSON files in Python. If you work with Python and want to learn a practical skill in high demand, you’re in the right place.
Our new course explains how you can manipulate JSON files in Python using the json package. It’ll be of interest to anyone who wants to gain practical knowledge of the JSON format and start using it for data exchange with various APIs in Python.
Why Learn JSON manipulation in Python?
Working with complex data stored in various formats is one of the most common operations in the world of information technology. With this skill, we can exchange information for communication over the web or store data on hard drives for future use. That’s why the Vertabelo Academy team has created a Python File Processing series where you can learn to work with files in different formats.
How to Read and Write JSON Files in Python is one of the courses in Vertabelo Academy’s file processing series. It starts by explaining the syntax of JSON files so you can quickly identify them. It then teaches you how to open and read JSON files using the json package. Along the way, you’ll learn to deal with null values, arrays, and nested objects. Finally, we’ll take a look at how we can create JSON files ourselves using json.dumps().
Each course is completely independent of the other courses in the Python File Processing series, so you can take them in any order. Once you complete this course, you’ll become fluent at working with JSON in Python. You’ll be able to quickly read from or write to JSON files. You’ll also gain the ability to process data from services such as Facebook, Twitter, or Google Calendar, as all of them provide information as JSON text files. Just imagine how you can enrich your applications and scripts with the data that comes from many popular websites!
At Vertabelo Academy, we always focus on the practical aspects of programming. How to Read and Write JSON Files in Python consists of 35 interactive exercises that are informative and fun at the same time. What’s more, you don’t need any sophisticated software to complete the course—you can do the exercises straight from your web browser. At the end of each part, there will also be a short quiz so you can check your knowledge and consolidate new skills. All of this will help you gain a new programming skill that is in high demand.
What’s in It for Me?
- 35 interactive exercises. Learn at your own pace, from anywhere and at anytime. Interact with hands-on exercises for improved retention.
- Lifetime access to the course. When you purchase the course, you’ll get instant personal access to all of its content.
- Certificate of completion. After you successfully finish all of the exercises, you’ll get a downloadable PDF certificate to showcase your accomplishment.
- 30-day money-back guarantee. If you’re not satisfied with the quality of the course, you can get a refund within 30 days of your purchase.
- Hints for the exercises. You can make use of ready-made hints for all exercises, or ask questions and share insights with other members of the Vertabelo Academy community through the Discuss tab. You can also drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll be more than happy to answer! ??
Learn new programming skills with our Vertabelo Academy courses and become a better programmer!