If you’re looking for an online course to improve your SQL skills for Microsoft SQL Server or simply want to pass the Microsoft SQL certification, you’re in the right place. Vertabelo Academy’s new course—GROUP BY Extensions in MS SQL Server—is a perfect way to learn how to create advanced reports or facilitate ETL processes.
At Vertabelo Academy, you’ll find lots of general SQL courses that’ll teach you to work with any relational database. However, if you’re specifically working with Microsoft SQL Server, you might be interested in looking at our special section dedicated to this database. Recently, we’ve made another MS SQL Server course available: GROUP BY extensions in MS SQL Server.
In this course, you’ll learn to use ROLLUP, CUBE, and GROUPING SETS, three extremely useful GROUP BY extensions available in Microsoft SQL Server that will help you create advanced SQL reports quickly.
Why Use MS SQL Server and GROUP BY Extensions?
In most rankings, Microsoft SQL Server is among the three most widely used databases worldwide. It’s an enterprise-grade database engine that can handle massive amounts of data. MS SQL Server is used by renowned financial institutions such as the NASDAQ stock exchange in New York and prominent technology companies like Dell and Yahoo.
MS SQL Server builds on the standard SQL syntax by providing its own SQL features, such as GROUP BY extensions. ROLLUP, CUBE, and GROUPING SETS are three elements found in MS SQL Server that can reduce the amount of time required to write complex queries.
GROUP BY extensions are typically used by SQL analysts to create advanced reports that would otherwise be difficult to write. They’re also frequently used by professionals engaged in ETL processes when working with data warehouses. Apart from that, demonstrated knowledge of ROLLUP, CUBE, and GROUPING SETS is required for the 70-761 Querying Data with Transact SQL Microsoft certification.
Each of the three GROUP BY extensions is explained in a separate part of the course for a better learning experience. We provide not only the theory but also practical usage examples for all new concepts. At the end of the course, there’s a quiz that will help you check how much you’ve learned.
The Vertabelo Academy team believes in learning by doing. All of our courses are backed by plenty of interactive exercises that you can do straight from your web browser. You can rest assured that you’ll get a chance to practice every single piece of SQL theory. This will boost your confidence at work and help prepare you for the associated Microsoft certification. You’ll find a final quiz at the end of the course, but there are also smaller quizzes along the way so you can check your progress frequently.
What’s in It for Me?
- 68 interactive exercises. Practice with hands-on exercises straight from your web browser, anywhere and anytime.
- Lifetime access to the course. When you purchase the course, you’ll get instant personal access to all of its content. You can learn at your own pace as there are no time limitations.
- Certificate of completion. After you successfully finish all of the exercises, you’ll get a downloadable PDF certificate to showcase your accomplishment.
- 30-day money-back guarantee. If you’re not satisfied with the quality of the course, you can get a refund within 30 days of your purchase.
- Hints for the exercises. You can make use of ready-made hints for all exercises, or ask questions and share insights with other members of the Vertabelo Academy community through the Discuss tab. You can also drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll be more than happy to answer!
We Recommend the Course to:
- Anyone who knows basic SQL but wants to go one step further.
- Analysts who use SQL Server to create reports.
- SQL Server database administrators and system engineers.
- Students taking SQL Server courses.
- Professionals engaged in ETL processes.
- Anyone who wants to pass the 70-761 Querying Data with Transact SQL certification.
- Programmers looking to improve their SQL skills.
Accelerate your career with Vertabelo Academy courses now!