The Vertabelo Academy Team has been working hard to release a brand-new course, and it’s finally here! Python Basics for Programming is a great place to start for anyone aspiring to become a software developer.
Since our SQL courses, the Vertabelo Academy platform has been embraced by thousands of students who are eager to learn new technologies.
After releasing Intro to Python for Data Science last month, we asked ourselves: why not create another introductory Python course, but this time from a software developer’s perspective? And that’s pretty much how our Python Basics course was born!
While we recommend Intro to Python for Data Science for people specifically interested in Python for data science, Python Basics is a general programming course intended for those of you who would like to become software developers.
If you’d like to develop software but don’t know where to start or which languages to pick up, Python Basics is the right course for you.
Why learn Python for software development?
Python is relatively easy to learn, so it’s a great language for starting your software development career. It has clear, legible syntax and offers quick progression. It’s also extremely versatile: you can begin with simple console applications and then move on to desktop or web development. Python also offers over 150,000 additional libraries and enjoys a welcoming and supportive community.
It’s no wonder that Python has become one of the most popular programming languages around the world, and it will definitely be a hot skill on your resume. Python’s extensively used by both startups and giant companies like Spotify, Google, and Amazon.
The Vertabelo Academy Python Basics course covers all the elementary concepts that will help you write your first real-world applications. The course offers a vast amount of knowledge, so we decided to split it into two parts for your convenience.
In Python Basics. Part 1, you’ll learn about variables and their types, conditional statements, loops, and functions—in other words, pretty much everything you need to write your first interactive console applications.
In Python Basics. Part 2, we’ll extend your knowledge with useful data structures—lists and dictionaries. We’ll also teach you to work with text files and handle errors correctly. Once you finish the entire course, you’ll be able to write even more sophisticated console applications that interact with their users. You’ll also know how to create scripts to automate various everyday tasks.
We believe in learning by doing. With each piece of theory, we introduce practical exercises that will help you memorize the concepts. There are also quizzes along the way to help you consolidate knowledge and improve your newly-acquired skills even further.
What’s in it for me?
- 95 + 74 interactive exercises. Practice with hands-on exercises straight from your web browser, anywhere and anytime (no additional software required).
- Lifetime access to the course. When you purchase the course, you’ll get instant personal access to all of its content. You can learn at your own pace as there are no time limitations.
- Certificate of completion. After you successfully finish all of the exercises, you’ll get a downloadable PDF certificate to showcase your accomplishment.
- 30-day money back guarantee. If you’re not satisfied with the quality of the course, you can get a refund within 30 days of your purchase.
- Hints for the exercises. You can make use of ready-made hints for all exercises, or ask questions and share insights with other members of the Vertabelo Academy community through the Discuss tab. You can also drop us a line at email@example.com, and we’ll be more than happy to answer! ☺
We recommend the course to:
- Students taking entry-level classes in Python.
- Academics who want to leverage Python in their fields of study.
- Anyone wishing to start programming with no prior experience.
- Anyone interested in starting a software development career.
- Anyone who wants to automate their work.
Start your software development career with Vertabelo Academy courses now-you can try it for free!